Watched Home Updates

by Marissa Azzara Product Manager on ‎09-04-2015 11:28 AM - edited on ‎08-26-2016 12:55 AM by Community Manager

What are Watched Home Updates?

Watched Home Updates are weekly emails sent to a potential seller that show the 10 most recently listed properties that are similar to their property (or the property they’re watching). Potential sellers can use this email campaign to keep track of any off-market home and receive weekly updates on similar properties.

How do Watched Home Updates help potential sellers?

Watched Home Updates can give potential sellers more insight on what to expect when selling their own property. Potential sellers will receive details about features and pricing of homes similar to their own – information that can help them understand what’s ahead in their listing process. This tool is a great first step for potential clients who want to work with an agent to sell their property.

How do Watched Home Updates help agents?

Watched Home Updates is a great feature to nudge a curious potential seller toward reaching out to work with an agent. The Contact will receive details about similar properties with the agent’s contact information included, so they’re able to reach out as soon as they see information that sparks their interest or brings up questions for them. Every email has a link to request information from an agent or the option to simply reply to the email directly with their questions. Watched Home Updates can play a key role in turning a Contact into a Listing Client.

How do users set up Watched Home Updates?

Potential sellers can set up Watched Home Updates themselves by selecting an off-market property they’d like to watch on the company’s website. Here’s how:

1. Users can find the home they’d like to watch by typing the home’s address in the search bar.Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 11.27.20 AM.png
  2. Once a user is on the home’s detail page, they can select “Get Home Value Updates” to begin watching that home. They can then find that home and view its details easily by clicking on Watched Homes in the Your Account menu.Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 11.25.24 AM.png
  3. They’ll be defaulted to receive weekly Watched Home Updates with details on recently listed homes similar to the watched property.

How can agents view and set up Watched Home Updates for their Contacts?

Agents can view their Contact’s Watched Home Updates by going to the person’s Contact Profile and scrolling to Campaigns & Follow-Ups. If a Contact has already set up Watched Home Updates, these will be listed here and Zap will display the address the Contact is watching and the date they began watching the home.

If a Contact has not yet set up any Watched Home Updates, the agent can set one up for them here. Here’s how:

1. Click “Set one up now!” under Watched Home Updates.
  2. You’ll be taken to the company website and will see a bar at the top of the screen letting you know that you are signed in as your Contact.
  3. Type an address to watch in the search bar.
  4. Once you’re on the home’s details page, click on “Get Home Value Updates.”
  5. The home will be saved to the Contact’s Watched Homes section, and they will receive weekly Watched Home Updates based on homes similar to the watched property.

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 11.30.20 AM.png

Marissa Azzara August 26, 2016
Comments
by Elliott Hallum Skilled Explorer
July

Just setup my first watched homes update for an upcoming listing. Seems like a very powerful tool. Thanks!

by Chris Worden Experienced Explorer
July

I tried setting one up for myself (I like to try these things before sending them to clients so I know what I'm sending) and it appears home details are pulled from the tax records, not the MLS.....I wasn't getting any matches for my personal home because I was trying to match on number of bedrooms and baths.  (For some reason our tax records don't often have # of bedrooms.)  This will make accurate home valuations very difficult.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

by Tracy Pina New Sightseer
July

The "Set one up now" link is gone from Watched Home Updates.  ???  And if I search the prop there's no Watch Home button, what happened and how do I set it up if my client wants to keep an eye on a listing?

by Community Manager
July - last edited July

Hi Tracy,

In the article above step 2 its says to select “Get Home Value Updates” to begin watching that home. They can then find that home and view its details easily by clicking on Watched Homes in the Your Account menu.

Hope this helps!

by Elliott Hallum Skilled Explorer
July

Hi Mercedes,

I thought the watched homes value would be emailed weekly? I setup one for myself and haven't received an email.

Elliott

by Deanna Fortney Experienced Explorer
July

I tried setting this up for a client and was not shown the watched home update option. What am I doing wrong? I am trying to do this for the Johnson's. 

Thank you in advance,

Deanna

by Community Manager
August

Hello Therese,

That's correct, the contact will have to unsubscribe in order to stop receiving the emails. If you provide me with that contact name, I can unsubscribe them remotely as well. 

Zap Support, 

Obi

by Community Manager
August

Hello Therese,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Yes the email updates regarding "Your Local Market Updates" are auto generated and cannot be turned off by the agent and i can see how that can be a point of frustration or inconvenience.

I will move this post over to the Zap Suggestions space and with enough views/likes our feature request team will look to implement your idea in future Zap versions.

Zap Support, 

Obi

by Therese Manuel Prospective Adventurer
August

Thanks Obi,

Thank you for your 2nd reply.

Can you please provide me a link to where you moved my suggestion so I can go view/like it?

Thank you,

Therese

by Jonathan Phillips Prospective Adventurer
August

I tried this out this afternoon myself.  I tried to setup up a watched home update for my parent's house and couldn't get it to recognize that address.  They have lived there since 1991.  Then I tried my own address and I could set up a home watched update for my house just fine. I purchased in 2016.  Next, I tried my next door neighbor's home and once again couldn't get it to recognize.  My neighbor's build their home some 10-15 years ago.  Interesting....

by Marissa Azzara Product Manager
August

Jonathan, do you mind sharing some of the addresses that you weren't able to get the system to recognize?

by Tracy Pina New Sightseer
a month ago
  1. Click “Set one up now!” under Watched Home Updates.  Does not exist.  It should, it should be SUPER intuitive and easy to set up a watched home update.  Can this please be re-installed or in the ? box there be a link. It is currently not easy at all to figure out how to set this up.  Lots of guess work means agents won't use the tool.  Please please please make this more user friendly.  I'd love it if only it was easier  to navigate AND listings were not duplicated (asked for that fix awhile ago. Smiley Sad
a month ago

Tracy, we definitely need to improve this and have plans to do so soon! 

by Julia Dagistanli Steady Sightseer
a month ago

Set one up now link does not appear on my site.

by Leah Nelson New Sightseer
2 weeks ago

I also am unable to set it up. No link. I've tried going at it from a few different angles, but no luck.

by Community Manager
2 weeks ago

Hello Leah, 

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Can you send me the address you are trying to save so i can investigate further, thank you.

Zap Support, 

Obi

2 weeks ago

Hey folks - we do have a bug with the link missing.  You can use the "Sign in as Contact" link under "More" and type in the property address to go directly to the page.  We will have a fix in place (and a greatly improved feature!) on Oct. 23rd.