mobile-nav

Home Value Updates

What are Home Value Updates?

Home Value Updates are weekly emails sent to a potential seller showing the 10 most recently listed properties that are similar to their property (or another off-market property they’re watching). Potential sellers can use this email campaign to receive weekly updates on any off-market home. Information is gathered from public records.

How do Home Value Updates help potential sellers?

Home Value Updates can give potential sellers more insight on what to expect when selling their own property. Potential sellers will receive details about features and pricing of homes similar to their own – information that can help them understand what’s ahead in their listing process. This tool is a great first step for potential clients who want to work with an agent to sell their property.

How do Home Value Updates help agents?

Home Value Updates can nudge a curious potential seller toward working with an agent. The Contact will receive details about similar properties with the agent’s contact information included, so they’re able to reach out as soon as they see information that sparks their interest. Every email has a link to request information from an agent or the option to simply reply to the email directly with their questions. Home Value Updates can play a key role in converting a Contact into a Listing Client.

How do users set up Home Value Updates?

Potential sellers can set up Home Value Updates themselves by selecting an off-market property they’d like to watch on the company’s website. Here’s how:

1. Users can find the home they’d like to watch by using auto-complete to select the home’s address in the search bar.Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 11.27.20 AM.png
  2. Once a user is on the home’s detail page, they can select “Get Home Value Updates” to begin watching that home. They can then find that home and view its details easily by clicking on Watched Homes in the Your Account menu.Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 11.25.24 AM.png
  3. They’ll be defaulted to receive weekly Home Value Updates with details on recently listed homes similar to the watched property.

How can agents view and set up Home Value Updates for their Contacts?

Agents can view their Contact’sHome Value Updates by going to the person’s Contact Profile and scrolling to Campaigns & Follow-Ups. If a Contact has already set upHome Value Updates, these will be listed here and Zap will display the address the Contact is watching and the date they began watching the home.

If a Contact has not yet set up any Home Value Updates, the agent can set one up for them here. Here’s how:

1. Click “Set one up now!” under Home Value Updates.
  2. You’ll be taken to the company website and will see a bar at the top of the screen letting you know that you are signed in as your Contact.
  3. Type an address to watch in the search bar.
  4. Once you’re on the home’s details page, click on “Get Home Value Updates.”
  5. The home will be saved to the Contact’s Watched Homes section, and they will receive weeklyHome Value Updates based on homes similar to the watched property.
Marissa Azzara November 8, 2018
Comments
Skilled Explorer

Just setup my first watched homes update for an upcoming listing. Seems like a very powerful tool. Thanks!

Experienced Explorer

I tried setting one up for myself (I like to try these things before sending them to clients so I know what I'm sending) and it appears home details are pulled from the tax records, not the MLS.....I wasn't getting any matches for my personal home because I was trying to match on number of bedrooms and baths.  (For some reason our tax records don't often have # of bedrooms.)  This will make accurate home valuations very difficult.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

New Sightseer

The "Set one up now" link is gone from Watched Home Updates.  ???  And if I search the prop there's no Watch Home button, what happened and how do I set it up if my client wants to keep an eye on a listing?

Community Manager

Hi Tracy,

In the article above step 2 its says to select “Get Home Value Updates” to begin watching that home. They can then find that home and view its details easily by clicking on Watched Homes in the Your Account menu.

Hope this helps!

Skilled Explorer

Hi Mercedes,

I thought the watched homes value would be emailed weekly? I setup one for myself and haven't received an email.

Elliott

Experienced Explorer

I tried setting this up for a client and was not shown the watched home update option. What am I doing wrong? I am trying to do this for the Johnson's. 

Thank you in advance,

Deanna

Community Manager

Hello Therese,

That's correct, the contact will have to unsubscribe in order to stop receiving the emails. If you provide me with that contact name, I can unsubscribe them remotely as well. 

Zap Support, 

Obi

Community Manager

Hello Therese,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Yes the email updates regarding "Your Local Market Updates" are auto generated and cannot be turned off by the agent and i can see how that can be a point of frustration or inconvenience.

I will move this post over to the Zap Suggestions space and with enough views/likes our feature request team will look to implement your idea in future Zap versions.

Zap Support, 

Obi

Prospective Adventurer

Thanks Obi,

Thank you for your 2nd reply.

Can you please provide me a link to where you moved my suggestion so I can go view/like it?

Thank you,

Therese

Prospective Adventurer

I tried this out this afternoon myself.  I tried to setup up a watched home update for my parent's house and couldn't get it to recognize that address.  They have lived there since 1991.  Then I tried my own address and I could set up a home watched update for my house just fine. I purchased in 2016.  Next, I tried my next door neighbor's home and once again couldn't get it to recognize.  My neighbor's build their home some 10-15 years ago.  Interesting....

Product Manager

Jonathan, do you mind sharing some of the addresses that you weren't able to get the system to recognize?

New Sightseer
  1. Click “Set one up now!” under Watched Home Updates.  Does not exist.  It should, it should be SUPER intuitive and easy to set up a watched home update.  Can this please be re-installed or in the ? box there be a link. It is currently not easy at all to figure out how to set this up.  Lots of guess work means agents won't use the tool.  Please please please make this more user friendly.  I'd love it if only it was easier  to navigate AND listings were not duplicated (asked for that fix awhile ago. Smiley Sad
Product Manager

Tracy, we definitely need to improve this and have plans to do so soon! 

Steady Sightseer

Set one up now link does not appear on my site.

Steady Sightseer

I also am unable to set it up. No link. I've tried going at it from a few different angles, but no luck.

Community Manager

Hello Leah, 

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Can you send me the address you are trying to save so i can investigate further, thank you.

Zap Support, 

Obi

Product Manager

Hey folks - we do have a bug with the link missing.  You can use the "Sign in as Contact" link under "More" and type in the property address to go directly to the page.  We will have a fix in place (and a greatly improved feature!) on Oct. 23rd.

Friendly Explorer

Did the "Watch Homes Update" get a name change to "Home Value Update"?  Or are those two separate items?  I now only see the latter in the Campaigns section of a contact.  Thanks.

Yes, Shane the name/wording was changed, but it is still the same feature. It was noted in the Zap News update article here:
Zap Updates: Home Partners, teams, and more (11.6.2018)
https://community.myzap.com/t5/Zap-News/Zap-Updates-Home-Partners-teams-and-more/ba-p/232007
- - -

Watched Homes > Home Value UpdatesPicture1.pngWe’ve renamed Watched Homes Updates to Home Value Updates and created a new module for you to be able to easily set up this campaign. Just a reminder: Home Value Updates sends sellers weekly emails about listings and sold homes similar to their own home.

- - -

Route to find the button/feature:
Contact Profile > Campaigns > Home Value Updates > click the "+ Add Home Value Updates" button > Manually type in the address* in the field and select the property.

*If the address cannot be found, report it in a regular Zap Community thread for example:
My Account
https://community.myzap.com/t5/My-Account/bd-p/My-Account-bd

Insightful Sightseer

OK, so I have an upcoming listing.  I set it up.  I put in the seller's address and they will then get an email weekly letting them know what their property is worth?  Is there something that comes out to explain what this is prior to them receiving the email?

Thank you!

Stephanie

Product Manager

Stephanie, there isn't a notification prior to them receiving the first email - feel free to send them a note to let them know!

Insightful Sightseer

Does this have to be a weekly email?  My thoughts were sending this out to our buyers who purchased that home every six months or so.  A weely email is a bit much for them.  I can see that for sellers though.

Insightful Sightseer

Ok, so I just put my address in to just check it out.  Went to the actual page to see my home value and there is another realtor being advertised on the page.  I am no where on it.  If this is the case, I will not be using this tool.  Too bad.  It's a great idea.

Hello Scott,

Good to see you here on the community! A very innovated way you would use this new tool, however, the emails are automated weekly to keep buyers and sellers up-to-date with the market of their homes and interested homes. If you would like, you could create another post in the Zap Suggestions to implement your idea.

Thanks,

Eric

Experienced Explorer

I tried to enter a property for a client to watch the home value, but the address doesn't pop up and it doesn't allow me to enter the address. 555 2nd Ave, San Francisco, CA. This is the actual address, Why it doesn't work? Please fix. Thanks!  

Community Manager

Hello Karen, 

At the moment, that option is not available. I am going to move your post over to our Zap Suggestions space and with enough views from the rest of the community, our feature request team will take notice and look to add this feature on future versions of the Zap. Thank you.

Zap Support, 
Obi