Property Insights are short posts including comments and tags about properties you’ve shown. They market your local activity and knowledge to potential buyers and sellers, and they show up on your agent website’s home page as well as on home detail pages on your website.
You can add Property Insights in Zap whenever you've seen a property in person and have something interesting to say about it. Here's how:
1. Click the "+Add" button in the top navigation bar on Zap. Hover over "New Agent Insights," and then select "New Property Insights."
2. Type in the address or MLS number of the property you visited in the field provided. It should appear below the search bar. Click on it once you see it.
3. You'll be prompted to write comments about the property. Give potential customers some valuable insight and context about the property. What stood out to you? What might potential buyers want to know if they haven't seen the home in person yet?
4. You can add optional tags to give potential buyers and at-a-glance look at some notable qualities of the property.
5. When you're done writing, give your comments a once-over. You can reference our tips below if you need help! If everything looks good, click Save.
If a customer is on your company’s site and isn’t assigned an agent yet, they’ll see your Property Insights on the associated property’s details page with an easy link to your website.
On your agent homepage, customers will see the 3 most recent Property Insights you’ve posted. They can click to see all of the Property Insights you’ve posted.
If someone is already assigned to work with an agent, other agents’ comments will be visible, but links to the agent and photos will be hidden.
You can view all Property Insights you’ve written on the “My Website” page in Zap, and edit or remove Property Insights if you’d like. Here’s how:
Here are some examples:
Multiple agents can post Property Insights for a property.
Because each person is different, the opinions about the property will probably be different— and that’s okay! Each agent provides a unique perspective on the property that can be very valuable to a customer. In addition, the agent’s style of writing could tell the customer a lot about them.
When multiple agents have posted Property Insights on a particular property, the customer may reach out to the agent who has provided the most valuable information or who seems like they would be a good match for what the customer is looking for in an agent.
There may be times where it might be better not to post Property Insights.
If you have a client who is going to write an offer, you probably don’t want to draw everyone’s attention to that really great property, which could build up any competition for your buyer.
If you’re unsure what to say about a property without offending the listing agent, or irritating the seller of the property, it might be better not to post Property Insights.
Check with your broker before posting a comment if you are unsure about it.