mobile-nav

My Website

Your agent website is an excellent resource for your customers – and you can customize it to let your customers know more about you and what it’s like to work with you.

You can start customizing your website by clicking on your name or photo in the top navigation menu of your CRM, and then selecting My Website.

You’ll have the opportunity to customize the following:

Cover Photo

At the top of the page, you’ll see your cover photo – a large image that is displayed in the background of your website. You can customize this photo by clicking “Change cover photo” beside the camera icon in the top right corner of the current image.

You’ll be prompted to upload a new photo. Follow these steps to do so.

1. Click “Choose File” and select a file to upload from your computer. The photo should be saved as a .jpg or .png file, should be at least 1920 by 1080 pixels, and should be no larger than 12 MB.
  2. Drag your cursor to crop the photo to display how you’d like, and then click “Crop”.
  3. Agree to the terms of service and confirm that you’d like to upload your cover photo by clicking “Agree & Upload”.

Agent Photo

Make a good impression with a great photo of yourself! To add or update your photo, follow these steps:

1. Click on the + or pencil icon next to your photo.
  2. Click “Choose File” and select a photo to upload from your computer. The photo should be saved as a .jpg or .png, and should be no larger than 5MB.
  3. Drag your cursor to crop the photo as you’d like, and click “Crop”.
  4. Click “Upload Photo”.

Personal Statement

Your personal statement may have been pulled into Zap from dash. If not, you can copy it from wherever you have it saved, or create it from scratch. Follow these steps to create or edit your About Me Statement:

1. Click on the pencil icon next to the header “About Me”.
  2. Paste your statement into the field provided or write it in.
  3. Click Save.

If you need help writing the About Me statement, use these tips:

• Convey your personality to connect with potential clients.
  • Describe what is important to you and what it would be like to work with you.
  • Briefly highlight your experience and areas of expertise.
  • Keep it brief and professional.
  • Check your spelling and grammar.
  • Don’t use HTML tags.

Social Media Links

You can display social media links on your website’s homepage, and make it easy for customers to learn more about you on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google Plus, or Yelp. To do so, you can authenticate your accounts in Zap.  Follow these steps:

1. Under the Summary section of the My Website page, look for a header with social media icons beneath it. Click on the desired social media icon.
  2. Follow the listed instructions to authenticate from that social media platform (each one is slightly different). Once you’ve authenticated your account, the icon will display in color.
  3. Continue these steps for any additional social media pages you would like to add.
  4. If at any point you’d like to remove authentication for any account, just click on the colored icon and confirm that you’d like to remove the social media page.

Areas Served

Your Areas Served module is a section on your website’s homepage that features up to 21 cities that you’d like to highlight for customers. Each city that you include in the module will appear as a clickable link to a corresponding search results page.

You can customize the module by adding and removing cities and changing the order in which the cities appear. You can also customize the title of the module.

Please note: Changing the cities that are publicly displayed in your Areas Served module will not impact your website’s coverage area. Your customers will still have the ability to search anywhere within your service markets.  

Think of this module as a place to highlight the major cities you do business in and provide quick links to your customers – not as an exhaustive list of the areas you cover.

Follow these steps to customize your Areas Served module:

1. If you’d like to customize the module heading, click the pencil icon and type in a new heading. Your new heading can be up to 50 characters long. When you’re done, click Save.
  2. Under “Cities,” you’ll see all of the cities that are currently visible in your module.
    • If you’d like to remove a city, hover over it and click the X.
    • If you’d like to add a new city, click “+ Add new city here” below the list. You'll see a blinking cursor appear. Start typing the name of a city (the city needs to be within your service markets). If you already have 21 cities, you’ll need to remove one first. Check the orange bar to see how many cities you have remaining.
    • If you’d like to reorder the cities, click a city name and drag it to your preferred position.

Video

If you have an agent video you would like to display, start by adding it to YouTube. Once your video is up on YouTube, you will need to paste your YouTube video ID in the box provided. Follow these steps:

1. Go to YouTube and find your video.
  2. From the URL, copy the video ID, which is a string of numbers and letters at the end of the URL.
  3. Paste your video ID in the field provided.
  4. You’ll see your video populate on the right. 
  5. Click Save. 

Agent Insights

Agent Insights are short posts that you can create describing homes you’ve toured or local cities and neighborhoods.

You can manage the Local Insights you’ve posted for cities and neighborhoods on the My Website page. To add Local Insights, click the blue + Add Local Insights button. If you need help, we have a Knowledge Base article and video all about Local Insights.

To view or edit any individual post, click the “View Details” button.

Resources

Using the Resources module, you can link out to up to 7 web pages in a module on your Zap site's home page. This is a great opportunity to share links to lenders, inspectors, or other partners, or even to link out to your own additional resources, such as your YouTube channel.

To add a new Resource, follow these steps:

1. In the field labeled "Add Name Here," type in the name of the resource (for example, West Lake Lending or Angela's Blog).

2. Copy and paste the URL of the webpage you want to link to under "Add Resource URL Here".

3. Choose a category from the list of options provided, and click Save.

If at any point you'd like to edit the name, URL, or category for a resource, just click the pencil icon to the right of it. If you'd like to remove a resource, just click the trash can to the far right.

To customize the name of the Resources module, click the pencil icon next to "Heading," type in a new name, and Save.

Agent Reviews

You have the option of displaying Zap Agent Reviews or Testimonials on your homepage. Zap Agent Reviews are unfiltered reviews that can come from any of your Contacts in Zap. Testimonials are only displayed if you put them in Zap yourself, and can be edited by you. 

Choose to display Reviews or Testimonials

You can adjust your Reviews Display setting at any time. Select the desired option:

• Display testimonials that are managed in Zap.
  • Display all reviews received.

You can see all of the reviews you’ve received or testimonials that you have entered in to Zap by clicking “View All Reviews” or “View All Testimonials”.

You can also respond to a review once you’ve clicked to view all reviews. This is a particularly good idea if you receive a negative review.  A copy of your response will be emailed to the customer who left the review, and your response will be displayed on the website.  Read more about Agent Reviews.

You can also see your overall rating average and your closed client rating average (not available during beta) as well as the total number of reviews received.

Displaying Testimonials

If you choose to display Testimonials on your website, you can add, edit, delete, or reorder your testimonials. To add Testimonials, follow these steps:

1. Click into the field provided to add a testimonial, and type in your content.
  2. Click Save.

You can edit these testimonials at any time by clicking on the pencil icon.  To delete a testimonial, click on the trash icon.  To rearrange the testimonials, drag and drop.

Professional Info

To add Professional Info to your website's homepage, follow these steps:

1. Click on a category (My Experience, Credentials and Memberships, or Community Involvement).
    2. Click + Add New to add a new entry.
    3. Enter your information.
    4. Save. 

You can edit these entries at any time by clicking on the text.  To delete an entry, click on the trash icon. To rearrange the entries, drag and drop via the icon on the far left.

Referral Links

You can use your referral links to direct people to your website or mobile app.

Use the lead generation URL to direct traffic to your Zap website. If you have a vanity URL, you can point that vanity URL to your lead generation URL to direct traffic to your Zap site.  Look for the option to have your URL forward visitors to a different website, and use your Lead Generation URL as the address you’d like to forward customers to. Don’t opt to forward with masking. This can create duplicate results for search engines to try to index and can negatively impact your SEO, and it can also lead to broken links or things not working correctly on your Zap site.

Your mobile referral URL will direct customers to download your mobile app. This URL will work on mobile devices, and will send customers to the App Store or Play Store depending on their device. Once they download the app, their account will be linked to you.

Viewing your website

To see what you're displaying to customers on your website, click the button labeled "View My Website" at the top of the page by your cover photo and agent photo.

Marissa Azzara November 29, 2018
Comments
Insightful Sightseer

Hi..  I remember when you ran low on listings you could switch the listing feed on your site to Company listings, rather Personal listings.  Is that still possible?

Thanks

Community Manager

Hi Steven,

Thanks for reaching out. This feature has never been available in Zap. I am not sure if this will available on our platform. Might be a good post for the suggestions board Smiley Happy 

Budding Explorer

How can I add my Yelp reviews to my Zap Website?

Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

You can link your yelp account as a social media link but at this time the yelp reviews cant be transfered directly into Zap. This would also be a good suggestion for the suggestions board. 

Steady Sightseer

Can we change the content on the Buy Page and Sell Page?

Community Manager

Hello Elizabeth, 

Yes you can edit the buy/sell page. Once you are logged into Zap, click on your photo and select My Website. Once there, in the content section, you will see the buy and sell option. From there, you can edit based on the options given for that section. 

Zap Support, 

Obi

Curious Visitor

Can anyone tell me how to share an article on my social media that directs users to my website? 

Curious Visitor

Hello - i have a godaddy account for my single name domain but I'm a pro user hosted through Coldwell Banker.  I do not want to maintain 2 websites and my single name domain (www.walterkowalsky.com) is very active.  how can I change the default website from 

https://www.coldwellbanker.com/agent/walter.kowalsky@cbmoves.com to

www.walterkowalsky.com?

Community Manager

Hi Walter,

Unfortunately, Zap is not set up to do this. You can mask the URL as it causes issues with your referral experience. You can host the site on GoDaddy but you would still be pointing towards https://www.coldwellbanker.com/agent/walter.kowalsky@cbmoves.com for all Zap activity. Zap will not pick up information gathered on your personal site.

-Cory

Community Manager

Hello @Walter Kowalsky,

Please review the options you do have for Vanity domains in the following knowledge base article

Pointing your Vanity URL to your Agent Websitehttps://community.myzap.com/t5/My-Account/Using-a-Vanity-URL-with-your-Zap-Website/ta-p/90134#toc-hI...

Friendly Explorer

Hi Folks...

Any idea how to link to a Business Facebook page vs. a Personal page?

When trying to link to Zap, all that it finds is my Personal page.

Thank you in advance,

Morgan

Morgan,
Welcome back. Please see if my detailed post in the following thread helps with your linking:
https://community.myzap.com/t5/Zap-News/Facebook-101-How-to-set-up-your-Facebook-page/bc-p/232183/hi...