mobile-nav

Custom Pages

Whether you're an agent or running a company, you can create custom pages on your Zap website that reflect you and your business.

Creating custom pages for your agent website

1. Click on your name or photo in the upper right corner of Zap, and then click My Website from the menu. 
  2. Scroll to the Content section—you should see a few tabs, including About Me, Buy a Home, Sell a Home, and Custom Pages. Click on Custom Pages.
  3. Click the button labeled New Custom Page to get started.
  4. Give your page a title. This main title will appear at the top of the page.
  5. Add your page content to the main text editor. Use the toolbar for to style or preview your content: 
    • Add text styles (Bold, Italics, Underline) 
    • Format text (Bulleted Lists) 
    • Include images
    • Include links
    • Preview page  
  6. Click Add A Cover Photo. Upload a file that is at least 1280 by 384 pixels, and use the slider to crop the image as you like.
  7. When you’re all done adding content, go to the Save As button in the top right corner of the screen.
    • Enter a Navigation Title—this is the title that will appear should you choose to show the page in your website’s navigation bar.
    • Choose a category—these categories are determined by your brand, and will be used to group your custom pages in your navigation if you add more than 5 custom pages.
    • Last, choose whether you want this page to be displayed in your website’s main navigation. See below for an image of where the page appears in your navigation.
  8. If you’re ready to publish your page to the public, click Publish. If you need more time, click Save Draft.

Creating custom pages for your company website

1. Click on Manage in the left navigation panel and then select Configurations
  2. Scroll to the Content section—you should see a few tabs, including About Me, Buy a Home, Sell a Home, and Custom Pages. Click on Custom Pages.
  3. Click the button labeled New Custom Page to get started.
  4. Give your page a title. This main title will appear at the top of the page.
  5. Add your page content to the main text editor. Use the toolbar for to style or preview your content: 
    • Add text styles (Bold, Italics, Underline) 
    • Format text (Bulleted Lists) 
    • Include images
    • Include links
    • Preview page  
  6. Click Add a Cover Photo. Upload a file that is at least 1280 by 384 pixels, and use the slider to crop the image as you like.
  7. When you’re all done adding content, go to the Save As button in the top right corner of the screen.
    • Enter a Navigation Title—this is the title that will appear should you choose to show the page in your website’s navigation bar.
    • Choose a category—these categories are determined by your brand, and will be used to group your custom pages in your navigation if you add more than 5 custom pages.
    • Last, choose whether you want this page to be displayed in your website’s main navigation. See below for an image of where the page appears in your navigation.
  8. If you’re ready to publish your page to the public, click Publish. If you need more time, click Save Draft.

What your clients see

Your custom page will appear in the very top bar of your site’s navigation should you choose to include it. If not, you’ll need to use direct links to custom pages.

custom page once.png

Bria Hunter August 30, 2018
Comments
Steady Sightseer

It keeps asking me to type a title and navigation title even though I did.

Community Manager

Hello Christopher. 

Thank you for reaching out. Please provide us a screenshot of the error you are receiving. Also, please provide the content you are adding to the custom page, to be able to replicate it on our test environment.

Thank you!

Curious Visitor

Hi

Will you guys be implementing pictures into custom pages?? Currently trying to add a picture into the main body of the page but the picture button in the tool bar doesn't seem to do anything. I am not receiving a sizing error and on top of that my picture does meet the 1280 x 384 minimum.

Also, will we be able to move the page to places other than the navigation bar? The navigation bar is small and sometimes hard to notice for clients. Would it be possible to add it maybe as a tab underneath my "About Me" since that area is quite a large blank space. Or could i possible add a tab underneath the "About Me" that I can then hyperlink to the custom page I have created. Even putting it up top with the Buy A Home Tab and Sell A Home Tab would be appropriate. I wish the two bars would switch places. 

Thanks in advance

Budding Explorer

How do I add the "contact me" button?

Community Manager

Hello Sandy, 

Thank you for this inquiry, however that option is currently not a part of the custom pages feature but is available on your website. We are however, always looking to improve user experience, so please post this on our suggestions site in order for it to gain more views by other agents thus increasing exposure to our feature request team. 

Zap Support,

Obi

Advanced Explorer

I've added custom pages and I see them on the desktop version of my website. However, but I view the websites on my phone in mobile view only the links are not available. The only links available in the menu is sell and buy.

Skilled Explorer

Where do the custom pages appear if you do not select for the page to be displayed in the main navigation bar?

Community Manager

Hello Stephanie,

Thank you for reaching out. The custom pages will not be displayed when the toggle setting is off. You can only view and save it in Zap, under the "content" section while the setting is off. Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you!

Friendly Explorer

How do I add images to a custom page?  I'm trying to insert a flyer or infographic from a file on my computer and it isn't showing up.

Community Manager

Hello Bill, 

The issue might be the image/file size is to small or large to be added to your custom page. Please sure is at least 1280 by 384 pixels and no larger than 6 MegaBytes (MB) in size. To confirm the image size, right click on the image, scroll down to and select properties, then details.  You will see the pixels/dimensions info under the section labeled "Image" and below that will be the "File" section which will tell you the image size measured in MB's. 

Zap Support,

Obi

Steady Sightseer

I have attempted to add pictures, yet the pictures uploads side ways and there is noway to edit the pictures.

Community Manager

Hello Chuck,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile image should be set to 120x180 pixels. If this does not help, please attach  your photo and we will resize it for you.

Thank you!

Steady Sightseer

1.  Why does the Property Search bar appear on my custom page?  I don't want this here at all.    https://www.bhgre.com/better-homes-and-gardens-real-estate-gwin-realty-43581c/pages/real-estate-care...

2.  I agree with the comments concerning the visibility of our custom page.  It's not very noticeable at the very top of the website.  It also takes a couple of seconds before the title shows up on the navigation bar.

3.  Finally, when will we really be able to customize pages?  This is a very basic tool and we would like to be able to embed a video and even add our own HTML.   

Community Manager

Hello Mary,

Thanks for bringing this inquiry to our attention. The property search bar is a branding choice and cannot be removed from the customer pages option. 

At the moment, we are looking to embed videos in upcoming versions of Zap. Please keep a look out in zap News to receive more information regarding that specific version update.  HTML is an option we will not look to implement anytime soon, as it was not beneficial for a variety of reasons. 

Zap Support, 

Obi

Budding Explorer

I created a custom page, saved the draft, and went back to publish and it won’t let me publish it. Content is two pics (market summary).

Community Manager

Hello Debbie,

I am able to view your custom page by clicking the Market Summary link on your website. I am using both FireFox & Google Chrome browser. I can also confirm on your account the Display On Navigation is turned on. Please let us know if you are still not able to view your custom page through your website and if so, confirm the browser you are using, thank you.

Zap Support,

obi

Community Manager

Hello Debbie,

Thank you for reaching out. The custom pages can take some time to update on our site. We are working on fixing this delay in the near future. For now, please give it 24 hours to update. If the update is not published by tomorrow, please let us know.

Thank you!

Community Manager

Hello Phil, 

We apologize for the late response, currently the custom page can only load in the top section. We are however always looking for ways to improve the user experience. i am going to move your post over to the Zap Suggestions space, and with enough views/likes our feature request team will look to implement your idea in future Zap versions. 

Zap Support, 

Obi

Steady Sightseer

Is it possible to add a video to the custom page?

Thanks, 
Dana

Community Manager

Hello Dana, 

At the moment videos are not available for custom pages, however we are always looking at ways to improve the user experience with the site. I will move your post over to the Zap Suggestions space and with enough views/likes, our feature request team will look to implement your idea in future versions of Zap.

Zap Support, 

Obi

Advanced Explorer

How about providing the link to the post you making so we can like it in find it quickly

Sean,
Have you seen the following Zap News post by the Zap team?

Here's a list of custom page ideas you'll love (8.9.2018)
https://community.myzap.com/t5/Zap-News/Here-s-a-list-of-custom-page-ideas-you-ll-love/ba-p/225201

Further down in the comments I provided the following:
- - -
I have heard that embedding video is coming soon (Q3 2018 possibly) for "Custom Pages" in Zap as noted in the following video:

Q2 2018 Product Recap (8.2.2018)
https://vimeo.com/282936719

*Timestamp for "Custom Pages" and video embedding at 1 minute 12 seconds.
https://vimeo.com/282936719#t=1m12s
- - -

Steady Sightseer

Sean,

I had not seen that post, thanks for sharing.  That is awesome!! I am looking forward to embedded videos!!  Having custom pages even without the video is a huge benefit.  

Thanks, 

Dana

Friendly Explorer

We create a custom page.  Add text.  Do the formatting we want - limited as it is.  Save it.  When we preview or publish it and go to the link all of the text has been moved to the left hand side and the spacing between items/paragraphs/etc has been removed.  So it basically looks like bunch of straight line text.

I then reformatted my layout in Microsoft word and copied and pasted into the custom page text.  I had to reformat the size of the text.  But when I go to the web page it retained the left margins but still removed all the spacing between the sections.

I'm at a loss here.  What am I doing wrong?

Chris,
You and others are doing nothing wrong, as the Custom and Blog pages are not fully functioning. These have been issues since they were released and most of it has been reported in the past.

Live example of a test Blog:
https://www.era.com/era-sun-river-realty-1767c/blog/company-news-15/blog-formatting-test-483
Paragraph and alignment issues, plus more.

Experienced Explorer

What I have been doing is using Adobe Acrobat and then saving it as a Jpeg. Then just importing that picture into the custom page.

Good idea and workaround Tom, but keep in mind a photo of all the text will likely not help boost any SEO (since it is an image) and will likely not always be easy to read on certain devices. But based on your examples it all depends on what content the user is trying to show/share:

https://www.coldwellbanker.com/Coldwell-Banker-Premier-Properties-4451c/Tom-Heiser-247369a/pages/con...
*Good example of image/flyer use and I'd link the image to a -public- pdf copy, which currently would require further workarounds.

https://www.coldwellbanker.com/Coldwell-Banker-Premier-Properties-4451c/Tom-Heiser-247369a/blog/news...
*Good blog post with working paragraph sections.

Friendly Explorer

Wouldn't it just be simplier to fix it?!

Sure would Chris.

CC @Cory Harrah

Community Manager

Hi Chris, while we look into this issue with custom pages, do you have the template already saved anywhere in a document you can send us? Recreating this on our end will help us move this along quicker!

I'll take it my 'live' blog example is not worthy of review as well... compare to the backend.
https://www.era.com/era-sun-river-realty-1767c/blog/company-news-15/blog-formatting-test-483
Paragraph and alignment issues, plus more. Been tested since the feature was release and no fixes yet... I'll be leaving the blog post up until the issues are resolved.

Friendly Explorer

Sorry Alicia not certain what you are asking me to send you.  We've created 20+ custom pages but with the issues only 4 of them are currently public facing.

Community Manager

Im referring to the reformatted Word document that you are using before you copy it in to your custom page in Zap. We want to use this try to recreate the issue on our side. Hope that makes sense.

Isaac, it's not that it's not useful. I took a look but I wasn't sure what I was looking at. I thought you were chiming in on Chris's issue but is it that you are actually asking for help?

Friendly Explorer

No sorry Alicia did not think to keep that.

Community Manager

That's ok, you have provided plenty of detail so far already. I was hoping to see if we could get more in the meantime but iit's totally ok.

Alicia,
I've posted on the Custom and Blog issues in the past under others posting as I've done here as well. I'll leave it at that and good luck.

Friendly Explorer

FYI Alicia.  One of the biggest issues is that the page banner photo does not resize properly for mobile devices.

Isaac I found your initial blog to be of a great help to me in not recreating the wheel in testing.  

I have been doing some additional testing today and out of the blue it all seems to be working as it should.  Spacing is proper.  Tools are working.  Will have to put it to the full test by redoing one our non-public facing pages.

Community Manager

Hi Chris, glad to know the Custom page is working correctly now, is that what I understood from your post?

Also, for mobile photo/banner, this is what I see, is this not correct?:

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 2.58.15 PM.png

Friendly Explorer

Regretably the answer to both is no.  Still having issues with the formatting holding after typing it in.  What we find incredibly befuddling is if we copy and paste something in it retains that formatting as well as fonts and colors that we do not have access to when simply typing.

As for the banner issue we were talking about the banner on the custom page.  It does not shrink and expand properly when resizing the screen.  This makes it nearly impossible to get a picture to properly format that looks right on both a regular sized machine and a personal device like a phone or tablet

Community Manager

Hi Chris, by chance do you think you can create/save a custom page for us to see how the problem is saving? We have somedevelopers looking into this issue today.

Friendly Explorer

We alread have several done.  Some public facing and some not.

Community Manager

Sorry Chris im not seeing any on your account. Is there another profile I should look under?

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 8.35.57 AM.png

Community Manager

Hi Isaac! Yes I do see those, thank you! However im seeing them in the Resources section in Zap and on the website and Im not sure if thats how the site is supposed to behave. I will be back shortly with more info. Thanks again Smiley Tongue

The "Resources" are likely custom links mixed with the (2) Zap Custom Pages. The links after Resources are what I listed. Good luck.

Community Manager

Hi Chris, are you available for a phone call? I want to see if we can walk through the steps you are taking together. Perhaps a webex call that we could view your screen?