Agent Reviews

by Marissa Azzara Product Manager ‎05-16-2015 10:18 AM - edited ‎06-28-2017 11:48 AM

Zap Agent Reviews is a transparent, authentic review system. 

Agent Reviews highlight your skills, your professionalism, and your service by showcasing what your clients are saying about you. It’s the #1 tool home buyers and sellers use when deciding to contact an agent they have seen online. 

Get more reviews 

The more reviews you have, the more powerful they are. Want to build up your number of reviews, but don’t know how to get started?  

Ask past and current clients:  Ask the people you’re already working with to review your service, even if they’re not at the offering stage. A personal request goes a long way.

Already have reviews on Zillow, Trulia, Yelp or through your brand’s closed client surveys? Because Zap Reviews need to be collected through your Zap website to ensure authenticity, you’ll need to ask those past reviewers to review you again. If you send them a link to review you, they can copy and paste what they have written in other places onto your Zap website. 

Friends and Family:  Reach out to your friends and family. If they’re in your Zap Contact Pool, you can ask them to review you.  They can speak to your best qualities, even if they can’t speak to your expertise as a real estate agent!

Prompting someone to leave you a review

Follow these steps:

1. Go to the Contact Profile for the contact that you would like to have review you.  If they are not in Zap, add them first.
  2. Click on More and select "Ask for Review".
  3. Review the email and send. AskforReviews.jpg

How do I know when I've received a review?

You'll get an email notification as soon as you receive a review, with the rating and the entire review in the email.  You can also find all reviews you've received on the My Website page, under Reviews.

Can negative reviews be removed?

Have a bad review?  It’s not all bad.  In fact, customers are more likely to believe the good that has been written about you if they can see the bad too. 

Negative reviews aren’t removed, unless they are abusive (learn more about flagging reviews as abusive below).  If you don’t want to display all reviews (good and bad), you can use Testimonials instead of Reviews.

Responding to a negative review

Follow these steps:

1. Go to My Account, then My Website.
  2. Scroll down to Reviews.
  3. Click to View all Reviews.
  4. Locate the negative review, type in your response in the field provided, and save.  The response will be immediately posted to the website, and emailed to your customer.

Tips for responding to a negative review

• Thank them for taking the time to provide feedback.

• Nobody’s perfect, people make mistakes. Be honest about what happened. Without pointing fingers, nicely, point out any misunderstandings.

• Try to make things right. Be enthusiastic and sincere about addressing the problem.  Show that you care about customer feedback.

By addressing customer concerns quickly, those negative reviews will end up being examples of how you provide excellent customer service.  Potential clients will have a better impression of you if they see that you are listening and taking their comments to heart.

Examples of responses to negative reviews

Review: “No call back after requesting for a showing???”

Response:  Thank you for letting me know – I am very sorry for not getting back to you on your request for a showing.  I pride myself on being available to my clients, and getting back to them quickly.  I like to respond to phone calls or requests as soon as possible, but ideally within two hours.   I was out of town this past weekend, without cell phone coverage or internet.  Still, I’m sure this must have been frustrating for you to not get a response from me, and I am sorry for the inconvenience this must have caused.

Review: “I wanted to visit some houses and he gets back to me and tells me that he cannot until I am pre-approved.  Thanks for nothing!”

Response:  Thank you for your comments.  I understand your frustration, and apologize for not doing a better job in explaining my reasoning.  I encourage buyers to get pre-approved before visiting houses, so that they are well-informed at the beginning of the home-buying process.  I find that this helps people search with the right set of expectations for what they can afford.

Review: “She is AWFUL. She spams her customers!!”

Response: Thank you so much for the feedback!  So sorry to hear that the emails I sent were unwanted.  Many clients find the newsletters and market info that I send out to be helpful.  It is clear that it is irritating to you, and I will make sure that I don’t send it to you in the future.

What if the review is abusive?

If a customer posts a review that you feel is abusive, you can flag the review as abuse, and the following guidelines will be used to determine if a post is abusive.  If the review is found to be abusive, it will be removed.

A review is abusive if it:

• Is a personal attack
  • Contains personal information
  • Contains profanity or abusive language
  • Promotes competition
  • Contains discriminatory language, including but not limited to, statements about age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, or disability

To flag a review as abuse, click on View All Reviews on your My Website page, locate the review in the list, and look for a blue link beneath the review that says "Flag as Abuse".

Can I turn Agent Reviews off?

Yes.  You can display Testimonials on your website's homepage if you don’t want to display Agent Reviews.  Using Testimonials, you can display any testimonials or reviews you have collected from other websites or through closed client surveys. You can switch from Agent Reviews to Testimonials on the My Website page.

If you are using Testimonials, customers will still be able to write reviews for you on your Zap website, but those will only be displayed if you choose to post them.

Marissa Azzara June 28, 2017
Comments
by Tina Stover Seasoned Sightseer
a month ago

Thank you for the information