mobile-nav

Bulk Import

In this section 

Zap lets you import your contacts in bulk using a CSV file or Google account. There are two ways to import your contacts.

• From Contacts in the left navigation, click the dropdown New Contact. Then, select Import Contacts.

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 10.38.06 AM.png

• From anywhere in Zap, click the +Add button on the top navigation bar. Then, click New Contact and select Import Contacts.

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 10.37.47 AM.png

Import from Google Contacts

1. Navigate to the page, “Import Contacts”.
  2. Select Import Google Contacts.
  3. Sign into or select your Google account.
  4. Select the contacts you’d like to import.
  5. Click Import.

NOTE: If your Gmail contacts do not appear, they may be located under Other Contacts from the Google Contacts page. Add these contacts to Google Contacts to import them into Zap.  

Import contacts from a CSV file

1. Navigate to the page, “Import Contacts”.
  2. Select Upload a CSV file.
  3. Select a CSV to upload from your file library.
  4. Click Import. This will display a table with details from your CSV and suggested Column Names.
  5. Check that the Column Names describe each field. Map any columns that were not identified.
  6. Review your information.
  7. Click Import. Once we’ve finished uploading your contacts, you’ll receive instructions on how to send a welcome email.  

NOTE: If, for some reason, we are unable to upload your contact to Zap, we’ll send you an email attachment listing every contact whose information contained an error. You can correct the errors from the CSV attachment and re-upload it to Zap.

Christine Nedilsky October 18, 2018
Comments
Frequent Visitor

I was still unable to upload my contacts

Curious Visitor

I have tried to upload my contacts numerous times and while I can get some of them to upload, they won't all upload and I never get the message saying that all was uploaded.  I am using the csv file to do the upload, but it just isn't working properly.  Can you help?

Friendly Explorer

I've tried importing my contacts using a CSV file as well with no success.  It says import was succesful and to wait an hour for processing and an e-mail notification.  it's been several days now, and still nothing..   I see a lot of posts regarding this issue, but no clear solution as to how to fix this problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

Community Manager

Hello All, thank you for your feedback regarding Bulk import. We have a fix being released to Zap on Dec. 4 that will address these issues. Before then, if you'd like for us to look into your individual imports, please let me know and we will ask you for the file at that point. Thanks again for posting to the Community!

Insightful Sightseer

I am having an issue importing contacts in bulk as well. Following this thread, hoping the fix Dec 4 works! Thank you!

Friendly Explorer

Is there something that tells us what the required fileds are in order to import  contacts into zap?

Budding Explorer

Molly Nye, there is a link to a sample spread sheet.  I changed the names of the fieids i had to those they had listed.  Also, you can ignore or fix the headings after you start.